Please reach out with any last minute changes or questions.
763-807-4898 – text or call
I am excited to meet you!
Capturing the moments of joy with my camera is a passion of mine and I look forward to our time together.
Outside of photography, I build love roller coasters, drinking coffee watching documentaries and petting my cat named Peanut.
I have found that the BEST way to take great photos is to be prepared and have FUN, so here are some tips.
If you haven’t yet, you can pay for your session now, or simply bring payment to the session in cash or check made out to Alisa Matheson.
What you wear to a photo session is important and I want your clothing to reflect you and your style. Here are some helpful tips for choosing the perfect outfit.
1) Pick three to four colors or patterns for group or family photos, colors with similar tones that go together well. Then have everyone work within that color palette, it’s not necessary to match, only to compliment. Help to find complimentary colors.
2) Do hair the way you’d normally do it while wearing these clothes. If you plan to get a haircut or a new hairdo, make the appointment at least two weeks before your portrait session.
3)Biker shorts and a tank top under your clothing make changes much simpler.
COVID aware: We will follow current CDC recommendations for masks and social distancing.
KID Tips: Before the Session
- Eat a meal or hearty snack before the session, something that will keep their belly full.
- Bring some non-messy small snacks – fruit snacks, m & m’s, jelly beans, and skittles are some of the easiest to do one at a time and get some great shots.
- Dress for the weather. Cold kiddos are not happy kids. So, if it is cold, wear layers and have everyone wear coats or blankets. We can remove them during the photo and put them back on after we get the shot, but it’s important to have them with (and not in the car).
- Give enough time for one last bathroom break, either at home or at the location, before our session.
KID Tips: During the Session
- Take your time. Children often need time to warm up to a new person. So, I will chat with them, but it might be a few minutes until they are ready to smile and that’s okay.
- Have fun yourself. Getting ready to have photos done can be stressful, but let’s have fun taking photos together.
- Be aware that I will try to get kids curious about the location and then follow that curiosity, if they want to check out the building, we’ll do that if we can. I will snap photos along the way and suggest good places to stop and take a picture or two and then keep exploring.
KID Tips: After the Session
- Have a plan for what you’ll do next (and have that next thing be awesome). What kiddo isn’t motivated by, let’s do this for now and then next we are going to go to explore this area, or go to the museum, or get comfy clothes on and eat pizza.
All Digital Downloads Included
My clients can love, keep, and share ALL of their photos. The perfect smiles along with the outtakes, laughing and silly ones. The one affordable, low-priced flat fee, always includes all digital downloads at top quality.
I AM booking for socially distanced photography sessions. I take the following steps to keep everyone healthy, masks needed when not being photographed, social distancing enforced, and contactless payment before the session.
If you are not willing to be photographed in rain, snow, etc., please keep an eye on the forecast and cancel your session early if it will be an issue.
- Payment is due at time of booking to save your time slot.
- You can easily cancel any time up to 24 hours before your session, and your payment would be refunded (after that, it will be non-refundable).
Photo Editing Policy
Your digital gallery will be lightly edited as a complimentary service. It does not include adding or altering objects, faces, bodies, or clothing.